As you may or may not have seen all over my Facebook page,
my brother recently popped the question to his beautiful new fiancée, Angie!
And ever since then, our family has been buzzing with wedding talk, and we’re
just getting started.
With wedding brainstorming in full swing, I can’t help but think back to all the sweet love songs I grew up with and envisioned possibly dancing to at my future wedding. But since my wedding is not taking place in
1999, I’ll probably forgo these classics and go with something a little more current when the day comes… Until then, let’s enjoy these nostalgic, yet poetic, love songs!
- I Knew I Loved You, Savage Garden (1999)
Probably one of the best one-hit-wonders of our generation.
2. I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing, Aerosmith (1997)
This song is the only reason I know who Aerosmith is… #beforemytime #thanksarmageddon
3. From This Moment On, Shania Twain (1997)
This song single-handedly crossed over anyone who wanted nothing to do with country music. You couldn’t help but fall for this ballad.
4. I’ll Be, Edwin McCain (1997)
A classic, revived in A Cinderella Story in 2004… gotta love me some diner girl!
5. All My Life, K-Ci & JoJo (1997)
*Cue the middle school dance music*
6. I Do (Cherish You), 98 Degrees (1998)
I mean, the music video features a wedding! You can’t spell it out any more than that.
7. Thank God I Found You, Mariah Carey, Joe, 98 Degrees (2000)
This song is probably a little lesser known, but the lyrics are so sweet, I swore this would be my wedding song one day.
8. God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You, *NSYNC (1997)
Need I say more? This song melts my heart every time and may be one of the best boy-band ballads of all time. The lyrics are just beautiful.
9. How Do I Live, LeAnn Rimes (1997)
You may not realize it yet, but you definitely know every word to this song.
10. Back At One, Brian McKnight (1999)
Admit it… you once put this on a mix CD for that special someone.